Table of Contents
Traveling as we once knew it has changed, and in Belize, it’s no different however the Government has decided to remove all public health measurements on both land and sea entry.
The following changes have been implemented for persons traveling to Belize.
1. Any Traveler can visit Belize
The Government of Belize (GOB) does not currently have any travel bans in place.
- Effective July 14, 2022 visitors are not required to apply for Belize Travel Health Insurance. However, it is still encouraged for protection against medical and non-medical emergency expenses. The cost of the policy is $18 USD and provides coverage for up to $50,000 USD in medical expenses related to COVID-19 treatment.
2. Present Proof of Immunization or Tested Upon Arrival Is Not Required
As of July 14, 2022, proof of vaccination or a negative Covid-19 test is no longer required upon arrival and for entry into Belize at all official border points (land and sea).
3. Belize Gold Standard
If you’re visiting Belize you are no longer obligated to book at a Gold Standard Hotel but is still recommended. The Tourism Gold Standard is a new designation that is a 9-point program that enhances the tourism industry’s health and safety standards with new behaviors and procedures to ensure both employees and travelers are confident in cleanliness and safety. You can find a list of Gold Standard Hotels on this website.
4. Move around freely with certain restrictions
Tourists can move around freely but must adhere to social distancing protocols. Masks are no longer required in outdoor spaces (e.g. walking on the street) but must be worn in supermarkets, Government offices, hardware stores, business offices, etc. Neck gaiter, fishing mask, or any face, neck & head coverings are prohibited.
5. You can rent a car to move around Belize
Tourists can rent a car from approved rental companies at the International Airport, and the company will use GPS tracking for contact tracing purposes. You can also book ground transportation with Gold Standard tour operators only.
6. You can inspect Real Estate properties on your visit to Belize
Finally, yes, you can view properties on your vacation. However, you must have your own transportation and obey all security and safety measures. Check with your Belize Real Estate Agent for more details.
I am excited to see you in Belize! Please send me an email at email@example.com or give me a call/Whatsapp at +501-678-4000 to schedule viewing properties.